Welcome to CEO Health and Safety Consultants Ltd, your number one source for top quality Occupational, Environmental, Health and Safety services. We are dedicated to giving you the absolute best quality with our team of professionals that have over 20 years of experience in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Management, and Fire Prevention. We pride ourselves in providing our clients with reliable, high-quality services at an affordable cost.
Founded in 2007 by Michael Wilson, CEO Health and Safety Consultants has come a long way from its humble beginnings. When Michael first started out, his passion for provision of top-quality Occupational Health and Safety services on the island drove him to establish the company you now see today. It is through these efforts that CEO Health and Safety Consultants Ltd. can proudly stand as the leading entity in the provision of a wide range of high-quality OHS services in the Jamaica. We serve customers all over the island and over the years our services have expanded on a global scale to international customers, who have done (or are doing) work in Jamaica, as well as in the Caribbean region. We hope you enjoy our services as much as we enjoy offering them to you. If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- MSc. degree in Occupational and Environmental Safety and Health from University of the West Indies (UWI), Mona.
- Bachelors in Environmental Sciences from the College of Agriculture Science and Education.
- Accreditation from the American Board of Industrial Hygiene and Board of Certified Safety Professionals., U.S.
- PECB Certification in Lead Auditor Training from the Professional, Evaluation and Certification Board, Canada.
- ISO 14001: Environmental Management Systems, and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) from the BSJ.
- Certification (with merit) in Chemical Technology, from University of Technology (Utech), Jamaica.
His experience in Occupational Safety and Health spans from 1993 where he started in the bauxite industry to present day consultancy. As a consultant he has worked in various industries across the island including, bauxite/alumina, brewing/bottling, food manufacturing, banking, health, education, construction, and petro-chemicals, among others. He played an instrumental role in implementing industrial hygiene exposure assessment strategies in order to measure and control worker exposures at several corporate entities locally.
He has also worked with UNESCO and(UWI) in sustainable development projects in the Caribbean region in 2007-2008 and assisted with the publication of the Caribbean Sustainable Development status report initiated by UNESCO in 2009.
Through CEO Health and Safety Consultants, he and his team provide various entities across the island with an array of OSH services, which include but are not limited to, training, audits, air quality surveys, risk assessment, respiratory fit testing etc.
Dr. Owen James, Chairman of CEO Health and Safety Consultants.
Dr. James has extensive experience as an Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) practitioner. He was educated at the University of Edinburgh: B.Sc. Honors Degree in Microbiology and medical degrees MB. ChB. He also completed courses at the Centre for Disease Control and the American Occupational Medicine Association in the US. To his credit he was conferred order of distinction (O.D.) in 2009, he is also:-
- Founding member and first president of the Jamaica Occupational Health and Safety Professionals Association
- Past Medical Director, Alcan Jamaica Company (nowWindalco); later OH Consultant, responsible for clinical, administrative, and all other Corporate OHS matters.
- Chairman Hospital Infection Control Committee, Mandeville Regional Hospital 2000- Present
- Former Dean of Jamaica’s first offshore medical school (ALL American Institute of Medical Sciences, Black River, St Elizabeth, from January 2011 through to April 2014.
Meet Our Other Team Members